Before we begin, if you are still not very familiar with what mouse macros and scripts are in general, and how they work and which ones we are, we strongly recommend that you first read our article – What is a macro?
In this article I will tell you, in my opinion, about the best macro software.
Macros software on mouse from A4Tech (for mouse of the Bloody series and X7).
At the moment, a4tech is a leader in mouse creation with the support of the most advanced macros. All mice from a4tech can be divided by the type of programs used into two groups:
- Mice using the Bloody program. (Bloody 6 is the latest version of the program at the time of this writing).
- Mice using the program Oscar and its variants. (OscarLite, 5-Mode Oscar Editor, Oscar Mouse Editor, Anti-Vibrate Oscar Editor, Oscar Mouse Editor).
In the second case, you need to download the correct version of the Oscar program. If you have one of these mice: X-710K, X-710BK (X-7120), X-718BK, X-730K, X-740K, XL-750K, XL-740K, XL-730K, X-738K, X -748K, XL-750BK or X-705K, then download Oscar Mouse Editor – 7 Keys Software, if X-755BK or XL-755BK, then download Oscar Mouse Editor – 10 Keys Software, if you have a mouse: X-760H, X -710BH, XL-760H, XL-750BH or XL-747H then, download Anti-Vibrate Oscar Editor – 7 Keys Software, if you have a mouse F2, F3, F4, F5 or F7, then swing 5-Mode Oscar – 7 Keys SoftwareEditor for F6 – 5-Mode Oscar – 10 Keys SoftwareEditor.
Macros software on an ordinary mouse.
When we say “to a normal mouse,” we mean any other mice, except for the mice from a4tech, about which we spoke above. Why is that? It’s very simple, all other gaming mice, as well as programs for these mice, be it a mouse from Razer or SteelSeries or Zowie, or any other, do not support complex macros with changing the position of the mouse pointer. The maximum that programs of these mice are capable of is the simplest actions, such as clicking on the mouse buttons with exposed delays.
Therefore, to use macros on ordinary (and indeed any) mice, use special programs that simulate mouse actions programmatically, such as Macros Effects and AutoHotKey.
If Macros Effects meets you with a friendly, understandable, and most importantly simple interface, then this is not exactly AutoHotkey. The program AutoHotkey is designed for a wider range of tasks, rather than just using macros for mice. With its help, you can create scripts for all connected devices, but due to its complexity for beginners to learn, since the entire interface of the program is reduced to editing in a notebook, etc. programs and the fact that the author of the program probably stopped its support, let’s leave this topic for a separate article.
Download AutoHotkey from the official site – autohotkey.com
- the macro performs the mouse itself, and not third-party programs for which you can get a ban.
- It is possible to set a macro on any mouse button.
- more advanced program compared to the X7 Oscar.
- Bloody is updated regularly, improving with every update.
- the components of the bloody mice themselves are constantly improving, in the latest models there are PixArt PMW3325 sensors, and the new microswitches withstand up to 20 million clicks.
If our article was useful to you, you can tell us “Thank you” by sharing our article on any of your social networks using the buttons below.